Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Mobile Learning Project:
It seems that I have been away from this blog for about a year.  I've been using my time wisely to obtain a graduate certificate in online teaching and learning from New Mexico State University.

I started the blog reflecting on how mobile learning could impact education and training.  Surprise!  Mobile learning is impacting education and training.  From the flipped classroom to free apps that learners can access anywhere and anytime...learning is changing.

Now, I'm selecting to learn using a MOOC (Massive Open Online Course).  I'm interacting with students globally and connecting with those with similar interests in a MOOC for mobile learning.  The MOOC is not an online learning platform such as found in institutions.  The MOOC is adding free educational value by using social media to engage the participants in interactions related to their interests in mobile learning. For some of the participants living in underdeveloped countries, the choice for mobile learning is based on what is available...basic cell phones.  For those of us in developed counties such as the U.S., mobile learning is seen as an approach to enhance the learning experience.

Soon, I will present a project that I'm working on for a non-profit.   I'm looking forward to feedback from my global classmates in the MOOC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts on the impact of mobile learning?